Sunday, February 8, 2015

Recently I mentioned the laparscopic surgery that I had and I just thought that I would elaborate for those who either don't know what it is, are thinking of having one done, have questions or concerns about them, or just in general want to hear my experience.
I went in for my second surgery on Feb 2nd, which was groundhog day and my Dads birthday...Happy birthday dad I forgot to call you because I was high on drugs...My bad.
This surgery was an exploratory surgery where the doctors make two(possibly three) incisions into your belly(mine the bellybutton and a little to the left). They then use a scope and a tool that will basically singe off any endometriosis that they find while making scrambled eggs in your belly.
I woke up from my surgery and honestly coming off of an anesthetic is the strangest thing in the world. Its like a dream except a part of you knows that what you say or do can actually be seen by the rest of the world. Honestly everything went pretty well.My fiance later told me that when I came back into the resting area that I requested a Popsicle, and proceeded to stare off into space and about every minute...would lick the Popsicle. He said that he was surprised that the Popsicle didn't melt before I finished it. My words came out perfectly when I spoke, but I don't think that I was all there for a while. Overall I'm glad I had this second lap done because I found out that I am now in stage 3 of this disease and that the doctors need to be more aggressive with my treatments. Meaning birthcontrol, the drug Visanne, and anything else they can think of will be combined to hopefully stall the progression. I just hope my hair doesn't fall out from these crazy hormonal combinations of drugs... don't think I could rock the bald look very well

No comments:

Post a Comment