Saturday, February 7, 2015

I recently had a laparoscopy in order to help reduce the constant pain that I have because of my endo. Currently I am sitting on the couch because it hurts to walk around. I had the surgery on Monday and it has now been a week full of having my fiance help me put socks and pants on, not being able to eat much food because T3's make me sick, and only being able to sleep on my back with my legs in the air because laying flat hurts like a biatchhh. I have had this surgery before but this one has had a much harder recovery due to the fact that I am now in the stage 3 category of my disease.
There are four stages to this disease:
Stage 1-minimal
Stage 2-mild
Stage 3-moderate
Stage 4-severe
Each stage is based on the amount of the disease, location, depth, and size of the endometrial growths. The weird thing about all of this is that even if you are a stage 4 you could be in less pain than somebody who is a stage 1. So I would personally like to give a huge 'THANKYOU' to this disease for making absolutely no sense, not having a cure, and for affecting about 2 to 10 percent of women in the world who are of childbearing age. Go home endo...you be crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment