Wednesday, February 11, 2015

EndoMarch: What it means to me



Since I was asked to blog about the EndoMarch tonight's post is going to be exactly that. The EndoMarch to me means that this disease is finally being taken very seriously and will be given a chance to fight itself. There are millions of different walks advocating for cancer research, alzheimers, lupus, ect. And yet this is only the second year that there has been a walk for endometriosis awareness.This disease effects about 6.3 million in the US, 1 million in Canada, and millions more around the world. This disease has no cure, but there are different treatments that might help improve a patients quality of life. I have tried quite a few of there different treatments with little improvement, in fact I have now been diagnosed a stage 3. I am hoping that this walk will bring awareness to the rest of the world, make those who are suffering fight back, and hopefully prompt doctors into continuing research in order to find out what causes this disease. Even though I will probably continue to suffer I hope that research will eventually make it so that others don't have to experience what I and many others experience on a day to day basis.

http://www.endomarch.org/



No comments:

Post a Comment