Sunday, March 8, 2015

from size 3 to size 13

In the past 5 years I have fluctuated in my weight and ultimately have now become a size 13...when I used to be a size 3(I will post pictures to show the differences). I know that this isn't just to do with my endo but also the depression, bloating, comfort eating, painful exercise ect that are common side affects for many women. And now I am on some hormone medications that aren't helping me either.
I love myself, don't get me wrong. But when I think about the cloths I used to wear and the way I used to feel about myself, it's hard to be OK with the way I look right now. Every women is beautiful no matter what others tell us, but the way that we think about ourselves makes us think that we aren't beautiful. With the way society portrays the 'Sexy, Skinny, and Attractive' women...its no wonder that so many women have such self-doubt. My fiance always tells me that i'm beautiful...but I can't help but think about the women that he fell in love with 4.5 years ago. Yes me thinking that is crazy...which my fiance tells me all of the time...but it's hard not to think that way sometimes. We, and by we I mean women in general, need a strong support system because it's hard to swim through the giant ocean called 'The digital age' which gives unattainable and false ideas of what we are 'supposed' to look like.
In this first photo...this was the first year I started experiencing any endo pain...yes these are also my prom pictures lol,...so quite a few years ago. I'm the girl in the green dress



And this is me now...





No comments:

Post a Comment