Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Drs. say the damnedest things

So today is St. Patty's day...and I think that it brought me some luck today because I had a follow-up appointment with my lovely dr and it wasn't actually terrible news. Although yes I do still have endo, nothing has changed there, there was no bad news really either...well mainly nothing that I didn't already know. I remember when I came out of my second surgery my dr looked at me and was like "So that(referring to the endo in my lady parts) was not what I expected to find."
I finally got to ask him what he meant and he just laughed because he realized that he kind of scared the crap out of me with that comment and that it had been bugging me since he said it. Basically from the notes about my first surgery, to him looking at my insides for the second...a major crap ton on endo had grown absolutely everywhere...and I mean everywhere. He pointed to a little diagram of my lady parts and just happened to point to everywhere. The severity, the amounts, and the locations shocked him completely and he told me that he wasn't in the least surprised about the pain and many other symptoms that I have been having. A lot had grown back over just a years time...and I think that's what scares my dr(and I as well) because that means that basically every year I will have a mandatory lap as to both keep track of the endo and see how much(if any) has grown back. He is hoping though that with him putting me on both the Nuvaring and Visanne at the same time, that it will hopefully...fingers crossed...slow down the growth of the endo. And although combining these medications might do nothing, at least there is a little bit of hope that I can hold onto.
Now I have promised myself that some topics about endo are private between me and my partner and that I would never write things that I wouldn't be comfortable telling my parents. I think its a good way of monitoring what I say on the internet...you never know who could be reading this. That being said my dr said something to be today that made me laugh so hard...mainly because of what he said...and also because he fully meant and owned his sassy comment like any dr should.
"If you don't use it...you'll loose it"...that's exactly what he said to me.
Most women who have endo understand the complications with umm....with well having sex with their partners and this is what he was referring to. He said many women stop trying to have sex but that it is as "essential as eating or breathing"...and that if you don't at least try to have intimacy with your partner...it will eventually became extremely hard to come back from. My dr just has my best interests on his mind eh... So ladies(and gentleman)...
IF YOU DON'T USE IT...YOU'LL LOOSE IT!!!...I just love my dr and his sass
Also ladies and gents don't forget about the new email I made for this account. So if you have questions, comments, or just need to vent...feel free to contact me anytime.
myendomylife@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment